OlympiaTech Electric is looking to add an experienced estimator to its growing team. This position will be estimating commercial projects of various size and concept including design build, plan and spec, as well as GMP, budgets and RFP’s.
- Estimating of both design/build as well as plan and spec projects with an emphasis on design build.
- Work with distributors and subcontractors to obtain information for inclusion into bids.
- Utilize value engineering when as needed or deemed appropriate to the bid process.
- Conceptually understand the project and the desired end use.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read architectural, structural and electrical plans and specifications and be familiar with a variety of electrical systems and terminology.
- Ability to prepare electrical construction cost estimates and construction schedules.
- Knowledge of computer database management, word processing, scheduling and software applications.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Possess strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated; requires little direct supervision.
This position requires a degree in construction management, electrical engineering, or other education/experience by which an understanding of electrical systems has been gained. Ability to use a computer based estimating software is also required. Knowledge of ConEst is a plus.
We offer a generous employment package including competitive compensation, paid time off, paid company holidays, training and development, opportunities for growth, 100% paid medical and dental premiums for the employee and their family, 401k, profit sharing, bonus potential, and a fun work environment.
OlympiaTech Electric is a woman-owned, full-service, commercial, union electrical contractor providing design build and construction services to general contractors, owners, and property managers. OlympiaTech has been in business since 1964 years and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send your professional resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.