OlympiaTech Electric, an electrical design-build contractor, is looking to add an electrical designer (CAD / Revit technician) to its growing team. This role will utilize Building Information Modeling (BIM), Autodesk CAD, and REVIT to produce designs for private commercial construction projects in Minnesota and throughout the United States.
- Coordinate multiple projects, in various stages of design, to successful completion.
- Assure that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards and NFPA70.
- Develop project budgets and schedules.
- Coordinate electronic layout efforts with field team.
- Conduct site-visits, as needed.
- Communicate frequently with project team members including architects, engineers, and project managers.
- Manage project close-out activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, structural, and electrical plans and specifications.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical systems and terminology.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems with little guidance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, project partners, vendors, and clients.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Possess and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Possess strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated; takes initiative, and requires minimal direct supervision.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree or Technical Degree in drafting, design technology, construction management, or electrical engineering, or other education/experience by which an understanding of electrical systems and technical design has been gained.
- Expertise with BIM, AutoCAD, REVIT, Bluebeam, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite.
- 2-3 years of hands-on electrical design experience.
- Knowledge of Trimble is beneficial.
We offer a generous employment package including competitive compensation, paid time off, paid company holidays, training and development, opportunities for growth, family medical and dental benefits, 401k, profit sharing, and more.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.