Construction has begun on the 3-story facility that will house the Minneapolis Public Schools’ Adult Education and Transition Plus programs which are currently being offered at other locations.
The MPS Adult Education program offers classes and resources for more than 6,000 adults annually in the areas of academics, workforce literacy, and basic life skills.
The MPS Transition Plus program offers support and resources to 18-21 year olds that have educational disabilities and transitional needs in the areas of post-secondary education, training, employment, and independent living to promote a successful transition from high school to adult life.
The new facility will be located at 2005 Lake Street East in Minneapolis between South 20th Avenue and South 21st Avenue. Construction is scheduled to be completed in the fall of 2018.
- Project | MPS Adult Education Facility
- Location | Minneapolis, MN
- Size | 3-Stories; 87,000 SF
- Owner | Minneapolis Public Schools
- General Contractor | Adolfson & Peterson Construction
- Architect | UrbanWorks Architecture